Thursday 9 March 2017

United Diversity

Our unity is our diversity. In an attempt to make us whole, we exposed our diversity. What was made to keep us together, tore us apart. No region is exempted from this soap opera. If an Eastern happens to be at the summit of power, what do you think happens to that region and it's inhabitants? And that cuts across the North, South and West. It's no different.


Tribalism is a different form of the cancer called Discrimination. It's mostly frowned upon when it is plucked out completely. It's perceived a miracle when unity actually works.
But should that really be the case? What is so different about us? We set pinnacle and hierarchy and expect anyone who doesn't fit our self-made list to be treated differently.
I bleed when I'm cut. The opening on my skin turns white and then red in the blink of an eye and the red almost rarely stops raring it's attractive color and peculiar smell, until it is stopped. This is exactly what happens to the individual next to me, the individual who doesn’t fit my list; the individual who isn't a part of my clan; the individual who is seen as having the Discrimination Cancer.
I'm not sure who this will touch nor who gets to read this. I'm not sure who will understand this and those who will and won't criticize it. I am as much a victim as you are and as good a perpetrator as you are. But this is how I see it right now. This is how I feel right now. This is what my heart believes right now. It's my mind, not yours. Appreciate it. Respect it (as I do yours).


This is my reality. My truth syrup. My mind's eye!!!!

By O-Mat*

No comments:

Post a Comment